Known as the Crown Jewel of Dharamshala (Located at 2,842 Metres), Triund is a popular trekking spot which provides a majestic view of the Dhauladhar mountains and Kangra valley.
It should be on your ‘Must trek to’ list if you love mountains, have an eye and ear for natural wonders and love to challenge your trekking skills.
It is advised to have a four-day plan for this. You’ll need rest, loads of it. Here’s the itinerary I followed:
The trip (From Delhi)
- Thursday – Leave for McLeodGanj via Himachal Pradesh Tourism (overnight) bus from Maharana Pratap ISBT, Kashmere Gate, Delhi.
- Friday – Reach McLeodGanj (It’s a 12-hour bus journey). Take rest and enjoy McLeodGanj, stay at a hotel in McLeod or Bhagsu.
- Saturday – Start your trek in the morning. It will take you 5 to 6 hours to climb up and by the time you’re there, you’ll be cursing under your breath (But it’ll be worth it). Enjoy the evening atop the hill on Saturday. Experience the magical night sky (It is advisable to check the Lunar Calendar and visit near Full moon or no-moon night).
- Sunday – Rise up early to see the enchanting sunrise and experience the true morning freshness. Have a quick breakfast and start your walk down (Which will be an easy 3 hour downhill trek)
- Sunday evening – Take the Himachal Pradesh TOurism (overnight) Bus back to Delhi
- Monday morning – Reach Maharana Pratap ISBT. Cry and crib about the trip getting over, and go back to the life you didn’t miss.
Special thanks to Anshul for bringing the plan for this trek to life.
Here are some of the highlights from the trip: